Things To Do After Flood
06 Feb 2018
The high rainfall in several areas of Indonesia makes the flood present in residents settlements. The area of DKI Jakarta is one that experienced the incident.
Some kind areas such as East Jakarta and South Jakarta was getting the impact of the flood. According to Badan Nasional Penanggulangan Bencana (BNPB) on Monday (5/02/18), more than 11 urban villages affected the flood.
READ MORE: BECOME AN EDUCATOR FOR PEERS
The flood still occurs until today. Meanwhile, you have to do some things after the flood, such as:
- If you are placed at evacuation post, you have to ask for a permit to get back to your home. You only can go back to the resident if the flood already down.
- After the flood, you have to clean up the mud and the remnant waste along the side of your home.
- Do not use the rest of water flood to clean up the furniture. The water might be give a risk of disease.
- Beware of mosquito and rat droppings which are can impact the disease such as dengue, etc.
- Clean your water drain routinely and throw the garbage in the right place.
- Use the clean household and cutlery before you eat. You should use disinfectant liquid when washing the dishes.
Written by Putri ianne Barus, Field Communications Officer Wahana Visi Indonesia
11 Mar 2020
Three Months after Flooding, WVI Develops Jakarta Community Preparedness
The large floods inundated in Jakarta, Bogor, Depok, Tangerang and Bekasi (Greater Jakarta)…
06 Jan 2020
Response to Flood, WVI Opens Infant and Young Child Feeding Kitchen
#PeduliBanjirJakarta - Major floods hit the Greater Jakarta area on January…
02 Jul 2019
WVI Left Good Practice for Kolaka Flood Emergency Response
#BantuBanjirSultra – Last June, a big flood hit Southeast Sulawesi Province.…